Forum Sponsor:

Join our free webinar, "How to produce an accurate Forecast-to-Complete on major construction projects" with the CEO of 4castplus and learn how your company can deliver profitable projects on time and on budget and maximize your potential for success. Register here.

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Monte Carlo 3.0 K

3 replies [Last post]
Mohamed Khedr
User offline. Last seen 1 year 32 weeks ago. Offline
I am a graduate student who got interest in the risk analysis and simulation techniques.
Does some one know a place that offers courses in “ Monte Carlo “ in the US?
And if there is a site that offer some on line too.
Is there any of you (Industry people) that actually using Monte Carlo in real projects and how does it benefit your work?

Replies

Zanudin Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest this website www.projectrisk.com
Guy Hindley
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
I last used Monte Carlo v2 for schedule risk analysis. The reports were very powerful, so long as one did not take them too literally, but used them to drive the thought process. By that I mean, we took the reults and it enabled us to work out how to further improve the results of our detirministic networks to give our Customers confidence that we could deliver, and all those other good things Customers demand before they will give you a contract.

Successful risk networking, apart from the technicalities of driving the tools requires a whole cultural change. This is many respects is the most challenging aspect of any risk management, and absolutely essential if if you are trying to quantify the process and use the results in a meaningful manner.

As to your original question ref training, if mememory serves me correctly try the Primavera web site, as the software vendors.

Hope this helps. Guy
Mohamed Khedr
User offline. Last seen 1 year 32 weeks ago. Offline
OK I gave up.

What about Pertmaster.