Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export dates form P6 to Excel

4 replies [Last post]
yifei 87
User offline. Last seen 10 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, I m facing a problem when I exporting the  start and the finish dates from P6 to excel.

It comes out with the output as text "mm/dd/yyyy" (column A)

I have use the format Value (column A) to get the date with "dd/mm/yyyy" as d new column (column B).  However, when my colleagues open my file, & click enabled editing, all the date in column B become #Value.

Now I am thinking if it is the exporting problem in P6.

Can anyone help on this to make when exporting, i can get text "dd/mm/yyyy"?

Replies

yifei 87

The setting is dd/mm/yyyy but the outcome of excel still the same.

Abilash Palakkada...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

change your date format setting in P6 user preferance from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy

yifei 87

My major question is why while exporting, the date in excel become mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy.

I m trying not to copy paste in excel but to get solution in p6

Abilash Palakkada...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

pls try the excel formula text to convert to dd-mm-yyyy and then paste as value, then multiply with 1 then reformat as date format.