Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can a baseline programme have actual progress data ?

4 replies [Last post]
shiguo zhang
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Deal all:

I'd like to know if a baseline programme can have actual progress data ? because sometimes with  a complicated  ongoing project,we need to update the baseline programme,i.e adding some milestones/activities ,adjusting or revising some relationships / duration / start and finish date and so on.

If the project have been carried out for about 50%(actual progress) and  we have updated the baseline programme on base of the old BLP , what i presume is that i have to input all the actual data once more time, that'd be a huge  work if the number of activities is as many as 1000 or even more.

My question is  that can i  revise the data on base of  the actual progress schedule and then assign a new BLP which include  the actual progress data ? Is there anyone having  experience  about this issue.  

Thanks in advance  and  take this opportunity to Wish all of you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Shiguo

Replies

Jenny Ingco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Yes, you can't have actual data in your BL even the project is actually started but what you can do is revise your old baseline according the contract change at the mid of project duration and submit it for approval.

Thank you,

Hanson

shiguo zhang
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Raymund, Thanks for your reply.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Zhang, See this link... it has answer to your queries. http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/primavera-version-pm5-pm6/531127/ho...
Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Zhang, See this link... it has answer to your queries. http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/primavera-version-pm5-pm6/531127/ho...