Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Successor lag calendar

1 reply [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planners,

does somebody of you ever use the Relationship lag calendar option in the Schedule dialog?

it seems to behave the contrary the help files and Reference Manual describe.

As my client wants to schedule milestones 1 calendar month after the other, I tried to use this option to link milestone 1 and miletsone 2 with a FS link and a 1 month lag using the 24hour calendar; the result was not satisfying at all, horfull I would say

Any help will be highly welcomed

Alexandre

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 2 min ago. Offline

Regular interval milestones are easy to set up using the milestone calendar work time, just make the milestone calendar work time available for a small amount of time on the day you want to set it up and use a lag with the same duration the activity can work that day.

On the other hand other activity types with duration greater than 0 might require using a different lag calendar or by creating an auxiliary milestone when your software does not allow for a completely independent lag calendar different to successor, predecessor or 24 hour calendar. Not sure but believe this way around have some limitations but anyway I do not need the way around.

The following figure is how I set up my milestone to happen on every 5th day of the month using Spider Project. Doing this with P6 shall not be an issue. Two calendar exception rules is what was needed to setup the calendar for limitless years to come.

With some trial and error on a simple model I am sure you will figure it out using P6.

Photobucket