Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Multiple Critical Path

7 replies [Last post]
Henry Chiu
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Planners,

Client keeps on sending letter to our company regarding our schedule. Client illustrated multiple critical paths from our schedule. Is there any filter and or option in P6 to produce multiple critical paths. I have tried the Floath Path Order - but this is not in line with the activities identified in the clients letter. Any other option or any enhancements required.

Thanks

Henry

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

group by total float then filter for the groupings with the 3 lowest values 

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,I wrote an article regarding How to display Multiple Critical path in Primavera P6.If you're interested, kindly read it here https://doduykhuong.wordpress.com/2016/07/07/how-to-display-multiple-critical-path-in-primavera-p6/
Henry Chiu
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Ryan,

Client identified as "First Critical Path" Second Critical Path, Third Critical Path and Fourth Critical Path. In identifiying these activities there must be a built in filter option in the P6 program that will enable to produce the grouping of these activities. Client Scheduler is well versed in P6, and is always attacking on this particular issue. I just recently use P6.

Thanks

Henry

Ryan Lytollis
User offline. Last seen 10 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Henry,

I am only aware of the multi-float paths which is set up in the advanced scheduling tap, are your clients selecting activities and saying they are critical to the project?

Ryan Lytollis

Henry,

I am only aware of the multi-float paths which is set up in the advanced scheduling tap, are your clients selecting activities and saying they are critical to the project?

Ryan Lytollis

Henry,

Ryan Lytollis

Henry,