Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

For what reasons would the Budget At Completion be different to the Budgeted Total Cost on an activity?

4 replies [Last post]
John Sims
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

For what reasons would the Budget At Completion be different to the Budgeted Total Cost on an activity? Primavera help says that these two fields should contain the same value. Currently this is giving discrepancies within our reporting run.

Any help would be great.

John

Replies

John Sims

For what reasons would the Budget At Completion be different to the Budgeted Total Cost on an activity? Primavera help says that these two fields should contain the same value. Currently this is giving discrepancies within our reporting run.

Any help would be great.

John

picture1.jpg
picture2.jpg

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi John,

The image quality is too low for me to zoom in and have a look. Can you upload a better quality image so that i can read the words clearly.

Thanks

Amit

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in
John Sims

Hi, thanks for your reply.

As you see from the picture below the bottom activity is showing two resources have been added to the activity but it is only showing the cost for one of them in the BL Project Labour Cost.

The activity was added seperatly to the rest of the activities with both resources but i have updated the current baseline, so surely it should be the same cost has the Bugeted Labour Cost? 

Any ideas why its not calculating both resources?

example.jpg

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi John,

Budget at Completion is the Total cost from the Baseline, BAC will be equal to Budgeted Total Cost till you do not add/delete more resources or costs in the current project. If you make changes to cost inn your current project then the values will not be equal to BAC.

Thanks & Regards

Amit 

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in