Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Usage Profile

2 replies [Last post]
Rohit K
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Guys,

I have developed a schedule in P 6.0, with resource loading. Following is the problem I am facing when viewing the Resource Usage Profile. The calender for both activities and resource selected is common 7 x 24 hrs.

I have say a resource mason with Defaults Units / Time : 8/d

Max Units / Time: 200/d ( ie 200 / 8 = 50 nos for the project duration)

Have assigned this to an activity PCC from 01.06.11 to 26.06.11 (25 days duration)

Now I want to allocate 8 masons for 25 days so have entered in Remaining Units / time : 64/d ( 8 * 8 ie 8 masons * 8 hrs / day for the entire 25 day durations)

But when I view in the Resource Usage Profile, I am able to view mason being allocated to only at the start of the activity and not being spreading all along the 25 day durations.

Rohit

pm.jpg

Replies

Rohit K
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Guys,

Thank you all for the help.

prim71431-001.jpg
Solved it. Here is the solution to it, select the period as per requirement but experts say to go for hours.

Rohit

thaer ghanim
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI  

change the time scale to Days/week