Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Removing date from Start & Finish fields

4 replies [Last post]
Steve Campbell
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I'm organizing a schedule for a service group.  This is an event that is being planned down to the minute.  Everything takes place the same day.

Does anyone know of a way (would presumably involved a global change) to remove the date from the start/finish columns and just leave the time displayed?

Thanks,

Steve

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Steve

You have just revealed another reason why P6 is rubbish compared to Powerproject.

Can you set the work period to seconds?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Steve Campbell

OK, here's a kind of solution that I found to this:

1. Do a global change and move Start and Finish data to user text 1 and user text 2. 
  2. Go through user text 1 and user text 2 and, using "Replace" get rid of the date, leaving only the time.
  3. Rename them Start and Finish.

They're static and won't change without re-running the global change, but it gets around the problem. 

Anyone else have a solution that would not result in static Start and Finish columns?

Steve Campbell

No, there's no such setting in P6.  I'm hoping someone has created a clever global change to solve this problem.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Steve

In Powerproject you just format the date field to show HH-MM-SS from the format drop down.

Surely P6 has a similar mechanism?

Best regards

Mike Testro