Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Showing "% Complete" on Y-Axis of resource profile in P6.7

1 reply [Last post]
Sam .
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I have searched for this answer but cannot find,

At the moment my resource profile (S-curve) in P6 shows time on X-axis and units on Y-axis. (Standard format)

What box do I tick to instead show "% complete" on the Y-axis (based on budgeted units, not actual values)

I have tried changing "Time Units" to "Show as Percentage" in the User Preferences, no change.

Many thanks

Sam D

Replies

Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

You can partially achieve this by dividing the resource allocation interval totals by the whole contract amount or discipline total. It depends the scope of S-Curve. (Resource Assignments-->(Right Pane) Display-->Spreadsheet Options) By doing this you will have a value between 0 and 1 on the Y axis and I think this can somehow facilitate the interpretation of S-Curve. 

Changing "Time Units" to "Show as Percentage" in the User Preferences enables you to view all the data columns titled as '.... Units/Time' in percentage wise such as the ones in Resource Dictionary or under Resources tab of Activity Details Table.

Regards,

baris