Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Database Connection Error

2 replies [Last post]
Jinny Johny
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I am facing an issue with P6 Version 7. Whenever I am trying to login, it says "Unable to connect to the database.  Would you like to configure the database connection now?"

It was working fine until I have changed my computer name recently. I suspect this error is due to the change in the computer name. Could any of you please let me know how can I reconfigure the database. Also would liek to know how I can i take backup of this database (not in XER format).

Thanks for your help,

Johny

Replies

Jinny Johny
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi suresh,

Thanks for responding to my query.

Could you please let me know how can I reconfigure the database connectivity with my new computer name.

Thanks,

Jinny

Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

The Problem looks like, since your computer name is changed recently, the primavera database is looking for the old name and couldnt find it. The soluation is  either you change the computer name back to old or reconfigure the database connectivity with new computer name.

Regards

Suresh