Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Change Activity ID's

4 replies [Last post]
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

I have imported an 8,000 activity project into P6.2. The current activity ID's are 1, 2, 3 and so on.

I would like to prefix these with T00, to become T001, T002, T003 and so on.

Tried various global changes without success. Can anyone tell me if they have managed to achieve this and if so, how?

Grateful for any advice

Thanks in advance

Replies

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I write an article regarding How to Renumbering Activity ID in Primavera P6. 

Kindly read it here : https://doduykhuong.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/renumbering-activity-id-in-primavera-p6/

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline

Another option is to ensure there is no Grouping, set the default Activity ID Prefix in the Projects window Defaults tab to be T, Activity ID suffix to be 000 and increment of 1 and not Increment Activity ID based on select Activity ID, the copy and paste the whole schedule and delete the old tasks.

P6 Version 7 has a renumbering option and sorts out a few of the many calendar issues so it is well worth while upgrading to P7.

If you are importing from MSP you may wish to look at my technical article at www.primavera.com.au on the issue with importing from MSP.

Regards

Paul E Harris
BSc Hons, Certified Cost Engineer, PRINCE2 Practitioner
Director Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
www.eh.com.au
www.primavera.com.au - this is a new Primavera Software resources web site
Project Control Consultants and Planning and scheduling software book and training manual publishers

David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you, wiil try this

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Dear

use the foolowing global change paprameter

select subject area --  activities

IF 

WHERE --WBS(MAIN PROECT WBS) IS UNDER PROJECT MAIN WBS

THEN

Activity ID   IS(=)  PARAMETER VALUE(TOO)  OPERATOR(&)  PARAMETER VALUE(RightString(Activity Id,2)

run the global change..

you should get the desired result.........