Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

2 Schedules in 1

2 replies [Last post]
Andrew Tan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I need to have a management schedule which is basically 2 months delayed from a contractor schedule.

The client requested for 2 schedule into 1 as the actual are the same.

I am thinking on how to this using planned start or something like that.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Andrew,

As I understand, the client want to see 2 schedules featuring the delay of 2 months.

You may need to Attach the Baseline (Target Schedule) into your current updated schedule. The baseline schedule shall be updated using the "Update Progress" before attaching it. Show the Bars representing the baseline and the current schedule to compare them which will now show the delayed activities.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Raymund

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 11 hours ago. Offline

This is very common as usually we need a job schedule for management and a schedule for reporting that will not include activities still under negotiation.

We keep the two jobs under separate files, update either one and with a single click of the mouse transfer the actuals from one job to the other as long as you still have a finger without a blister to do the click at the Import Performance from other Project menu selection.

Import actuals

I understand other people transfer the actuals using MS Excel, this I believe should be your option.

Best regards,

Rafael