Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Options while summarizing in P6

3 replies [Last post]
Krishna Kumar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Planners,

Kindly inform me if there is any options in P6 to show average date while summarizing the schedule & how can we hide the dates in the summarization sheet. Kindly help me ASAP.

Thank you

Krishna

Replies

Krishna Kumar

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion. And i've to clarify more that while summarize by groups upto level 4, i need to see dates on 2,3,4th level, but in my 1st level i've hide it. is it possible? i hope that you understand my question. Kindly give me your advice ASAP

Thank you,

Regards,

Krishna

Krishna Kumar

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion. And i've to clarify more that while summarize by groups upto level 4, i need to see dates on 2,3,4th level, but in my 1st level i've hide it. is it possible? i hope that you understand my question. Kindly give me your advice ASAP

Thank you,

Regards,

Krishna

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Krishna,

In summary, P6 will use the earliest start date and the latest finish date to calculate the total duration of the summary bar and it uses calendar days at 7 days per week.

If you do not want to see the Start and Finish Dates , you can always remove the column.

Best regards,

Daniel