Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transferring Activity codes from project to global

3 replies [Last post]
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

Actually I've problem everytime I send them schedule, the activity codes broken and i realized this happen due to diffrent global and project codes. Is it any of you can brief me what is the best way to transfer activity codes from project to global

Your helps on this matter is highly appreciated

Thanks

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

yes correct, but I'm updating live schedule which every month we will include a hundred new activities :(

so i just simply copy the codes and transfer like that?

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Oh yes, regarding your question, you can actually copy and paste the activity codes from Project to Global

Regards,

DL

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Izam,

When you send out an exported schedule, the activity codes should still be there. They just need to sort or group the activities according to your grouping. You need to instruct them that you are using Activity Codes instead of WBS and also tell them how the programme is sorted.

Cheers,

Daniel