Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SDK

51 replies [Last post]
Rola Sabbah
User offline. Last seen 10 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
HI
i’m trying to start a project using sdk, isn’t there a part for WBS , i have to define in p6 first then copy it to sdk then insert the activity?

Replies

memo kamel
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Could you please, send me a copy from that SDK.

my email :   mka_yusuf@yahoo.com

memo kamel
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Could you please, send me a copy from that SDK.

my email :   mka_yusuf@yahoo.com

Mel Koksky
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

hello everybody!

I'm vey sorry I had mistakenly written my email address. My correct email is koksky1123@gmail.com

please accept my sincere apologies!

Thanks 

Cheers!

Mel Koksky

hello everybody!

I'm vey sorry I had mistakenly written my email address. My correct email is koksky1123@gmail.com

please accept my sincere apologies!

Thanks 

Cheers!

Mel Koksky

Hello everyone!

Can I please also get a copy on SDK files and steps in using it email address is koksky@gmail.com

Thanks!

Mel Koksky

Hello everyone!

Can I please also get a copy on SDK files and steps in using it email address is koksky@gmail.com

Thanks!

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Jeff,

Could you please send me a copy of your STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION at eng.am.aziz@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ahmed Aziz

Kristian Gargullo...
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Jeff,

Could you please send me a copy of your STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION at kgargullo@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Kristian

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

Is there SDK for P6 (latest version 8.2). As far as i know this SDK can only be used up to 6.7..

Muhammad Aqeel
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Jeffeory,

Can you please provide me your SDK tutorial and excel files primavera dictionary.xls and wbs.xls please.

Regards,

Aqeel

Ameen Pasha
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT (SDK)

FOR PRIMAVERA VERSION 6.x

SCHEDULE PREPARATION

BY: JEOFFREY B. REYES

Sr.Planning Engineer

BUILDING WORKS /

ROAD & INFRASTRUCTURE

Jubail Industrial City, K.S.A.

04 August 10

This short paper is a simple and easy guide in preparing a program or schedule using

Software Development Kit (SDK). This tutorial assumes that you know the basics of

Primavera 6.x. With this tutorial, even you’re a novice you can prepare the program very

easy. Also, another premise is you have already SDK program installed in your PC.

You can find in this exercise a very simple small project just to give you an overview on how

you can deal with the importing of all data you have in spreadsheet to Primavera 6.x. I

provided a sample of Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and Manpower Tabulation for your resources’

reference.

At the end of this exercise, you will come up with the schedule shown below. Just follow the

step-by-step instructions and you can achieve the same. Goodluck!

To start with, first you have to create a New Project and make its Project ID named “C2” and

Project Name as “SDK Guide for C2 House Model” or any Project Name you like. See

illustration below.

Before you start, take a glance first on the sample Bill of Quantity and Manpower Tabulation

that you will be using as your reference in this exercise.

Step 1. In this exercise you will create Two (2) Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Names

only, Substructure and Superstructure. But this exercise focused only in Substructure. Open

your Excel file for WBS Macro then click WBS tab to set your WBS Name. Proceed to Step 2.

Step 2. After filling up the WBS Names, WBS Codes and Parent WBS ID’s, Go to Login tab

then Put your USER NAME and PASSWORD. Update Project List and select C2 Project ID then

Set WBS. Open your Primavera P6.x program and check your WBS. If it’s ok, then proceed to

the next step.

Note:

If your Primavera 6.x software is open at the same time with your Excel File Macro, you must

close the Primavera 6.x software first and re-open it to load up what you have done in your

Excel File. Do this to the rest of this exercise everytime you will Set your tasks.

Step 3. Setting up your Activities. Open your Activity 6.x Excel File. Put your USER NAME and

PASSWORD then Update Project List. Select C2 Project. Click Activity Details tab to setup

your Activities. Proceed to the next Step.

Step 4. Setting up your activity details to SUBSTRUCTURE WBS. In doing this, see WBS

column, C2.SUB means C2 is the Parent WBS ID and SUB means your WBS Code and put a

Dot separator. For this sample project, Pick STANDARD for your Calendar and make your

activities all Task Dependent. Activity ID is self explanatory in its nature and the Duration is

just an assumption. After finishing the tasks, Go to Login Tab then Set Activity Details. Again,

Open your Primavera 6.x and check if all activities were there. If OK, then proceed to next

step.

Step 5. Set your Relationships. Click Activity Relationship Tab then type all you see in the

screenshots provided below. For Relationship Type, I used Finish-To-Start only. You can try

also other Relationships and put some lags if you like. After finishing the tasks, Go to Login

Tab then Set Activity Relationship. Again, Open your Primavera 6.x and check if all activities

were there. If OK, then proceed to next step.

Step 6. Setting up your Material Resources. Before you proceed, create a Resource ID C2

first and Resource Name C2 RESOURCES FOR SDK GUIDE (or any Resource Name you like) .

Then, Open your Dictionary 6.x Excel File for Resources Details. Put your USER NAME and

PASSWORD then Update Project List. Select C2 Project. Click Resources tab to setup all your

Resources. Proceed to Step 2.

Step 7. Set your Material Resource Dictionary. Click Resources Tab then copy the listed

sample below. In this exercise, I separated the setting up for Material and Manpower to give

way first to Material Resources Rates and Assignments. After finishing the tasks, Go to Login

Tab then Set Resources. Once again, Open your Primavera 6.x and check if all Resources

were there. You will notice that your reources category is in Labor. Change it to material by

clicking the labor then CTLRL+E to copy Fill Down. If OK, then proceed to next step.

Step 8 . Set your Material Resource Rates. Click on Resource Rates Tab, copy the Resource

ID’s and Description in the sample BOQ provided on the outset of this exercise. Effective

Date and Max Units/Time are just an assumption. You can change as you wish. But to have

the same outcome for this exercise just follow the same. After finishing the tasks, Go to

Login Tab then Set Resource Rates. Once again, Open your Primavera 6.x and check if all

Resource Rates were there. If OK, then proceed to next step.

Step 9. In setting up your Material Resource Assignments, Open your Activity 6.x Excel File.

Put your USER NAME and PASSWORD then Update Project List. Select C2 Project. Click

Resource Assignment Tab to setup your Activities. Proceed to the next Step.

Note:

Resource Assignments for Material and Manpower is located in this Excel File.

Step 10. Set your Material Resource Assignment by clicking the Resource Assignment Tab.

Budgeted Units and Remaining Budgeted Units is just the same for a baseline schedule. See

Budgeted Units on our sample BOQ aforementioned in the beginning of this paper. After

finishing the tasks, Go to Login Tab then Set Resource Assignments. Once again, Open your

Primavera 6.x and check if all Resources were correctly assigned. If OK, then proceed to next

step.

Step 11. Setting up your Manpower Resources. Open your Dictionary 6.x Excel File for

Resources Details. Put your USER NAME and PASSWORD then Update Project List. Select C2

Project. Click Resources tab to setup all your Resources. Same thru with Material, the

procedure is just the same. Proceed to Step 2.

Step 12. Set your Manpower Resource Dictionary. Click Resources Tab then copy the listed

sample below. After finishing the tasks, Go to Login Tab then Set Resources. Once again,

Open your Primavera 6.x and check if all Resources were there. You will notice that your

reources category is in Labor already. If OK, then proceed to next step.

Step 13. Set your Manpower Resource Rates. Click on Resource Rates Tab, copy the

Resource ID’s and Description in the sample BOQ provided on the outset of this exercise.

Effective Date and Max Units/Time are just an assumption. You can change as you wish. But

to have the same outcome for this exercise just follow the same. After finishing the tasks,

Go to Login Tab then Set Resource Rates. Once again, Open your Primavera 6.x and check if

all Resource Rates were there. If OK, then proceed to next step.

Step 14. In setting up your Manpower Resource Assignments, Open your Activity 6.x Excel

File. Put your USER NAME and PASSWORD then Update Project List. Select C2 Project. Click

Resource Assignment Tab to setup your Activities. Proceed to the next Step.

Step 15. Set your Manpower Resource Assignment by clicking the Resource Assignment Tab.

Budgeted Units and Remaining Budgeted Units is just the same for a baseline schedule. See

Budgeted Units on our sample BOQ aforementioned in the beginning of this paper. After

finishing the tasks, Go to Login Tab then Set Resource Assignments. Once again, Open your

Primavera 6.x and check if all Resources were correctly assigned. If OK, then proceed to next

step.

That’s it for Schedule Preparation! Now you have the idea how this macro works for

Primavera 6.x then you can try this as well for updating purposes. I hope that you enjoyed it.

CHEERS!!! 

Ameen Pasha

Already forwarded , step by step for your quick reference.

Ameen N. Pasha

Ameen Pasha

First of all logon and open a new project in Primavera, then start using SDK Excel in sequential manner, WBS is part of SDK Excel file.

Please feel for any queries.

Ameen N. Pasha

Larry Tamayo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Jeff,

Im new in this site and at the same time a new planner, i read your comments/post with regards to the application of SDK in Primavera. Can you send me your STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION.

my email add: spenhil@yahoo.com

thank you so much in advance..

Larry

Hi to all,

Im new in this site and Im very enterstied in linking primavera to excel and other format presentation, can any one help me to have a primavera dictionary.xls and wbs.xls pls? Kindly pls email me at junsarvida@yahoo.com...Thank you so much.

JUn

jeoffrey reyes
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Hi riad,

sent already.

cheers

Riyadh Yahia
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi jeff,

can u send me STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION

my email id: riyadh63@gmail.com

best regards

Joros Burgondy
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi Jeff, 

Can you send me also this WBS.xls that yous ent to Rola.

burgondy_13@yahoo.com

Many thanks,

Joros

Alhasan Abdalla
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

here is a link to the latest sdk

http://www.eh.com.au/software.html

guo guo
User offline. Last seen 13 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Jeff,

Can you please forward the step by step guide for SDK to the following Mail, Thanks so much!

guobiju@gmail.com

guo

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Jeff,
engbasile@yahoo.com Cheers,
Luca
Sundar Singh
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Jeff,

Can you please forward the step by step guide for SDK to the following Mail id.

sssingh_sks@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance Jeff.

Sundar.

ahmet k.
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jeff,

Could you pls forward the following excel files and STEP BY STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION to my email: kochanahm@yahoo.com

1. WBS.xls
2. Activity.xls
3. Dictionary.xls 4. Step by step guide using SDK in schedule preparation

Thank you in advance

Ahmet
ahmet k.
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jeff,

Could you pls forward the following excel files and STEP BY STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION to my email: kochanahm@yahoo.com

1. WBS.xls
2. Activity.xls
3. Dictionary.xls 4. Step by step guide using SDK in schedule preparation

Thank you in advance

Ahmet
seyed abbas
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi jeff,

can u send me STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION

My email id is abbas_myin@yahoo.co.in

Vasu Devan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 19 hours ago. Offline
Dear Jeff,

Could you pls forward the following excel files to my email: vasunpm@hotmail.com

1. WBS
2. Activity
3. Dictionary

Thank you in advance

Vasu
Mehmet Egilmezer
User offline. Last seen 6 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
hi!
i only have activity and dictionary, can any body send me the wbs.xls, please send it to
mehmetegilmezer@hotmail.com
thanks
jeoffrey reyes

Hi Rola & Mike,

I don't know why my thread was locked up though many of our PP members can benefit from some suggestions and queries on the Steps using SDK.

Sorry Rola from using your thread. And sorry guys also because I cannot attend to your queries. Currently, I am still attending to very important matters pertaining to my departure in my next destination. So many problems i have encountered till now and i am using only my mobile in responding to all of you.

What is the ground to lock up anyone's thread?

cheers,

JEFF

Muhammad Aqeel
User offline. Last seen 13 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Dear,

Did you get the SDK file or not if not yet please put the P6 CD1 in the CD room than you can fine the SDK file thier.

let check if not let me know pls.

cheers,

maqeel

+966599981584

Weerasaku1
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Jeff,

Kindly please send me the SDK file in excel format ?. Weerasaku1@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Weerasak

Faris Aldwiekat
User offline. Last seen 6 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

please how can I get the SDK file, any help!

Faris Aldwiekat

(faris_betawi@yahoo.com)

+962777465864

regards

Mohamed Saleh
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi everybody

can anyone send me the SDK file in excel format..i cannot find it in my CD.

my email is mo.saleh81@gmail.com

Rola Sabbah
Thanks Jeff.
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

Congratulations! You did it. Thank you for giving your spare time with my paper to explore with it and applied it in your scheduling.

Cheers,
JEFF
jeoffrey reyes
Sometimes, unknowingly, you were setting the activity twice. Try This....Close your P6 first before importing so that the loading will be more faster. Then Open your P6 to check if your imports loaded up. Then for the next procedure of importing, Close again your P6 then import again another set of activities. For relationship, maybe because you have already a duplicate of activities then correspondingly your relationships were affected.

Delete those activities you have imported then try to import again. Let me know.
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

Delete those activities then import it again. Probably you have two entries or you Set Activity twice.

Cheers,
JEFF
Rola Sabbah
hi every body
when i use the sdk for importing activities it duplicates these activites, one with the id that i inserted anothr with defualt activity stating A10203
when i import relationship it gives error that there is dublicate relationship although there is no duplicates?
what is wrong can any body help?
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Duy,

sent already.
Duy Pham
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jeff,

Could you pls forward the following excel files to my email: phamquocduy@gmail.com

1. WBS
2. Activity
3. Dictionary

Thank you in advance

Br, Duy
jeoffrey reyes
your more than welcome....Rola.

Cheers,
JEFF
Rola Sabbah
Thanks jegg
Wonderfull
Thanks
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

I sent you already a copy of STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION. Kindly Check your email.

Cheers,
JEFF
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

Your welcome.

Cheers,
JEFF
Rola Sabbah
Dear Jeff,
thank you so mcuh appreciate your help.
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

WBS File already sent.

Cheers,
JEFF
jeoffrey reyes
hi Rola,

were using the same version. i’ll send you later the file for WBS.

Cheers,
JEFF
Rola Sabbah
hi again
i’m using P6 v7
Rola Sabbah
hi
thanks, i only have activity and dictionary, can any body send me the wbs.xlsplease send it to
rolamaher86@yahoo.com

thanks
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

Post your email and I will send you my short paper regarding SDK. Maybe it would help you.

Cheers,
JEFF
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

There are 3 excel files needed to do import/export in SDK.
1. WBS
2. Activity
3. Dictionary

Cheers,
JEFF
jeoffrey reyes
Hi Rola,

Do you have a WBS.xls file? This is the macro used to import WBS Codes and WBS Names i have mentioned in my paper.

Cheers,
JEFF