Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Migrating from P3,0 to P6.0

3 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all,

I have recently started using P6.0 and I would like to know if any of you could gudie me to some tutorial materials online.

I have noticed a lot of differences in P6 compared to P3.

Firstly when i wanted to create a new file in P3,it is very easy but where as in P6 I have to create an EPS or arrange this in on the EPS structure. I have not properly figured that out.

Secondly I normally use Activity Codes in P3 and the difference I noted was that the activity codes can themselves have sub sections. I have not figured out this one too.

thirdly to create a baseline in P3 is very easy, but where as in P6 its a bit confusing. I have not figured out where this base line will be shown on the EPS structure.

Then again resources and roles are all complicated. they have many options and it all looks like P6 is suitable for Big companies who would have a data base of all resources and would like to manage their resources using P6. I have just started off with P6 and I am sure the more I try the more doubts Ill have

For a small project in a small comapny P6 takes more time I guess..

I would be greatful if any of you can pass me some materials to learn P6

regards
Shareef A Azeez

Replies

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Thanx Mike for your support and Rodel for the document. It is really helpful...

Regards
Shareef
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 44 min ago. Offline
Shareef,
Below link is a useful reference.
Migrating P3 to P6
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Shareef

Welcome to the club - I am sure that PP members will pile in with advice - I just responded to keep up with your progress.

Good luck & Best regards

Mike Testro