Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

3 Types of Schedule

5 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi to all,

I m little bit confuse regarding 3 types of schedule bcz my consultant advice me that u hv to submit 3 type of schedule which following:

1) Master Schedule
2) Coordination Schedule
3) Detail Schedule

My confusion is in Master Schedule bcz he said that u hv to define ur Milestones in Master Schedule.

So tell me should i define Start Milestone or Finish Milestone or Both.

thanks,,,,,,,

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 8 min ago. Offline
Irfan,

Master schedule is the contract overall schedule. The type of milestones is depends on what it is representing.
For example. Start of a a Project then Start Milestone. End of the Project then Finish Milestone. For other contractual milestone like deliverable milestone then use milestone by answering this, Is it the start of the task or end of the task.
Ex: Start procuring, Start of delivery, Start of Design, Start of Shutdown...etc... all are Start Milestone.
If refresenting Finished of deliverables then use Finish Milestone.

Coordination schedule is normally level 3 and detail schedule is level 4 or 5 having the least detail of the schedule.
Below link explained the level of schedule.
Level of Schedule
Mai Tawfeq
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
bothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
thanks for ur promptly reply,

but i m asking about Schedule Level 01 i.e. Milestone Level.

My question is what Milestone i hv to define Start Milestone or Finish Milestone ?

thanks......
Mai Tawfeq
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Dear :

The master one is mean the contractual dates ,such start and finish dates for project and project packages as well and in each one shall u put start and finish mile stone , meanly u have to consider the contractor scope of work.
In the coordination one it is same master but into it shall u add the consultant obligations as issuing a various approvals for all submittals and if there are some of packages must be executed by other shall u consider as well , mile stone should be concluded .
the latest one is the details one you have to break down the second one into individual activities to cover all the parties scope of work , but finally do not withdraw the owner obligations if he has to provide some of the materials .

regards.

mai
Joel Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Irfan,

Definitely,you have to assign start & finish milestone on every type of schedule you will make.(i.e. NTP & End Project)

Regards,
Joel