Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User Defined Fields in SDK

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed Elkordy
User offline. Last seen 12 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello

I’m using the excel sheets that come with SDK to do several things.
I faced a problem, I created user-defined fields for resource assignments on P6 (selling price..etc.), and now I need to "get" them using the excel sheet and input values for them then "set" on primavera.
I tried the "get resource assignemnt UDF" button on the login sheet in the activities workbook but it’s not working.

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 7 min ago. Offline
What the error says? Have you use that version of SDK before?
Ahmed Elkordy
User offline. Last seen 12 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I did assign one tester resource on Primavera and created the UDF’s, then I tried the get UDF’s button (after I updated project list and selected the project of course), still nothing happened, instead I got an error message.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 7 min ago. Offline
Ahmed,
You need to assign it first before you import using excel sdk. At the moment you just created a UDF field with out data so nothing to import. You can create the values in excel sdk if you know the activity id where to assign them and use set button to update Primavera. You should also run project list first and select the project that you’re going to update.