Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

LOG ON PROBLEM WITH PMSDK IN P6 V.7...

6 replies [Last post]
jeoffrey reyes
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Guys,

Can someone help me to connect to database. I am using P6 V.7 on windows 7. The ORAPMDB is working but others not like, PMDB, MMDB & PMSDK. I tried to log on to PMSDK but error shows like this..."Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

I setup already my ODBC and it is working. Maybe there’s something missing or wrong on my setup?

Hoping for your response and thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dyep

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 37 min ago. Offline
Jeff,
Did you install SDK also? If yes try to use it if working or not.

Note: SDK should be configuring the same as database. If oracle then configure using Oracle driver and if SQL then SDK should be configure using SQL driver.
jeoffrey reyes
Rodel,

I did. After that will it work already or do i have any settings to be done?

regards,

Jeff
Rodel Marasigan
Jeff,
Who installed P6v7 on your laptop? You need to un-installed the Oracle database and Oracle Server first before you can install SQL Server and SQL database or vise versa.
jeoffrey reyes
Rodel,

P6 v.7 was installed on my laptop. can you give me steps how to change setup from SQL to Oracle?

thanks and regards,

Jeff
jeoffrey reyes
Rodel,

Ok, I’ll try it first then i’ll come back to you later. Thanks a lot.

regards,

Jef
Rodel Marasigan
Jeff,

I believed that the database is using oracle and not SQL. PMDB normally used by SQL as default but IT or Admin who installed Primavera database can change it to different name. Try to configure your SDK to Oracle instead of SQL and it should work.