Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Shifting the Planned Start of Multiple projects.

6 replies [Last post]
Tim Breeding
User offline. Last seen 13 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Does anyone have a crafty idea how to move the Planned Start date out 1 week for many projects at the same time?

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tim

I assume that your projects are in P6 and to hear from salesmen that other products are so much better doesn’t help you for your current task.
1100 projects shouldn’t be a problem but please explain what you mean by variety of planned dates?

Regards

Dieter
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Tim

Go and look at astadev.com to see what Powerproject can do.

I have been using it for the last 18 years.

Also go and see how many problems are logged on the Asta PP thread as against the primavera threads. 100 - 1 against I would suggest.

Vladimir and Rafael will pitch for the Russian product called Spider but i prefer to work with something that is used by most operators in the UK.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Tim Breeding
What is Powerproject Enterprise?
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Tim

In Powerproject enterprise I would select all 1100 projects - put them uner 1 summary bar and drag that top bar to the left by one week and then flag it to start then.

I know nothing about P6 but if you can’t do that then it confirms my suspiscions - it is a crap peice of software.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Tim Breeding
I’m talking about 1100 projects with an infinite variety of planned starts.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
View "Projects" --> Modify the utmost project --> mark all you want to move --> click into the column "Planned Start" --> "Fill Down"