Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 % Display problem

8 replies [Last post]
Mohammad Aslam
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners

Kindly tell me how to display percent complete in round figure in P6. By default P6 shows the percent complete in points upto two decimal place (eg 22.22%). My manager wants to see the percent complete in round form like in P3.1 (10%,20% etc).

Please help

Mohammad Aslam

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 59 min ago. Offline

Maybe by clicking desired column and selecting format you could get what you want, similar to Spider Project where you can save on your layouts different formats for the same column. As you can see Duration Days for Layout E is shown rounded to one decimal place while in Layout C it is shown rounded to five decimal places. In both layouts Start is shown down to the minute while Finish is shown to the second.  Because for this sample schedule 9.375 days at 8 h/d equals 75 hours so we do not see fractional hours.  I suspect you are looking in the wrong place. Similar to Excel where you can format your cells.

layout-column-formats-01

layout-column-formats-02

format-column-01  format-column-02

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline

I tried to follow the "settings" to round the Activity % complete to 0, I could not find it.  I did not see the settings referenced.  I am not going to set up a udf, the pct complete to 2 decimal points is crazy.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

edit user preferences dates tab units format 0 decimal places durations format 0 decimals or admin preferences custom % complete 0 decimals

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline

Is this corrected in the latest version of P6?  I thought I read that it was but I cannot figure out how to get it off the two decimal reading...yes, the UDF device will work.  Come on Oracle, it has been 15 years and P6 still cannot do basic formatting that we could do in P3.  

Beau Wolfe
User offline. Last seen 7 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Arnold,

Can you elaborate on the steps you listed above? I didn't have any luck trying to follow you.

Thanks,

Beau

Mohammad Aslam
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the reply David

Mohammad Aslam
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
I have used P5/P6 since its introduction. I do not know how to do this. I agree that showing percent complete to two decimal places makes no sense to any planner. But this is a cost planning system, and the cost engineers like decimal places.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mohammad,

Create a UDF say, %Comp and the Data Type is "Integer".

Then create a global and rename. Select Subject Area "Activities".

Then:

%Comp = Physical % Complete

Note:
The Percent Complete is depend on what you are using whether Physical, Duration, Units or Performance % Complete.

Regards,

Arnold