Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter 3 week lookahed

3 replies [Last post]
António Faria
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi!

Probably this is a simple thing, but I couldn’t implement it.

My project has a data date of 20.08.2009.

- Primavera has a simple filter for 2 weeks lookahed. I copied it and I rename it to 3 weeks lookahed and defined the time frame to 21.09.2009 until 11.10.2009 (3 weeks).
I notice that same activities were shown and were not right (activities that finished until 20.09.2009 with status as being in progress). I realize that just defining the period dates (is within range of) and the activity status (in progress) was not enough.

- I implemented a new filter, now defining a start date on 21.09.2009 or a finish date on 11.10.2009.
It worked better, but after some time I realize that activities that are outside the period range (crossing this time frame) were not shown (activities that started on 10.08.2009 and finish on 15.10.2009 and activities that will start on 19.09.2009 and finished on 18.10.2009).

I pretend a filter that can show me all the activities that are happening or will start or will finish in a certain period after the data date of the project.

Have you a better idea how to implement the filter?

Tank you for your support.

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Use

Select if Is Low Value High Value

Early dates WR 20.09.09 20.10.09
António Faria
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnold!

Thank you for the reply.

The problem is default filter stick the lookahead to the data date (Value=DD High Value=DD+3W).

What I pretend is to have a perception, in a future time frame (after the data date), what activities are inside this period (3 weeks).
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Antonio,

Why not try to use the default filter look-ahead.

Try this:

(Any of the following)

Where Start "is within range of" DD DD+3W
or Remaining Early Start "is within range of" DD DD+3W

I know you have tried this but this works better for me.

Regards,

Arnold