Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Calculating Earned Value

1 reply [Last post]
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
I have a schedule with resources applied to activities with percentage type = physical. I also have weighted steps on each activity. When I update the steps I get a calculated % complete against the activity OK but, unless the activity steps are all 100% I do not get a value for Earned Value Labour Units. I have checked all the preferences & calculation tabs to no avail. Can anyone help please?

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Omar,

Physical % progress is manually calculated (or you input manually) so you need to calculate earned value manually as well.

cheers