Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem Grouping & Sorting P6 xer I have imported

2 replies [Last post]
Christopher Nicolas
User offline. Last seen 14 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all - I have imported an xer which is quite large, about 6mb. Anyway when I group and sort as per the organisation the contractor has provided me, the programme organises to all but one of the activity codes (floor level). As such I can’t look at the programme in the format I want. Is there any reason why this has happened? I know I have used ’floor level’ for my own projects in P6 but that has been a project grouping.

I note that the imported activity codes are all under global.

Any help is appreciated

Replies

Christopher Nicolas
User offline. Last seen 14 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey Arnold - it wasn’t the indent - something else that I figured out - cheers again for your help.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Chris,

Try to uncheck the Indent box under the Group & Sort and select the required codes under the Group by.