Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Management Features in Primavera P3 & P6

4 replies [Last post]
Srinivasu Thuraga
User offline. Last seen 15 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hello All,

In most of Indian Construction projects (me and my friends’ experience)and a few International-which I came across, P3/P6 are mainly being used as scheduling tool and not as a complete project managemnt software to it’s full capacity-

Is it mostly the same else where..or you people use primavera for resurce management (Plant,material and people- resource loading and costing)

I am not talking about small analyses at capsule level but at an an over all project level..

Just for updating myself....

Thanks

Replies

Arun R
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I what to know is there any internationally accepted standard for work quantity Vs manhour?

For example 50cubic meter concreting needs this much manhour, like that? Please help......I want to know how resourses can be assigned in activities.

jackson 99
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Email protection control and Anti-virus protection are effective services in keeping a crucial information volunteer management qualification and marketing and sales communications safe from criminals or strikes and other risks to protection.

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi All

In terms of resource management, there is 2 main stream (IMHO)
1. Resource Capacity Planning @ portfolio level
2. Resource scheduling @ project level

I implemented in sereval org for both options using P6.

In order to successfully implement resource planning / scheduling, the organisation will need to have the right people and processes, to make the tools become effective. That is the biggest challenges not the tools itself.

If I look at the tools itself, P6 do provide the integration of the project schedule as well as the flexibility.

HTH

Alex
Neils Gao
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Schedule-Primavera
Cost-Shawtrac(or some others, not sure)
Materials-Marine
we make these three softwares fit together to implement a overall project management in china.