Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to remove the No titles?

5 replies [Last post]
Frank Tian
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Import some project from P3.1 to P5.0, the activities are arranged by activity code, In p3.1, if no activity code is applied for some activities, then show null on the title line, but in P5.0, there is to be some titles like "No Step ,No Systems, No Work Scope"? How to get rid of them?

attached picture:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Replies

Mark Porter
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Pacifico,

Sorry mate, didn’t realize that you wanted to be able to view some of your code titles, I thought that you wanted it all blank as per the screen dump...
Another work around would be to create activty codes with minimal info, say, an underscore ( _ ) or decimal point ( . ) and then assign these codes to the activities that have the "No XXXX" displayed. This isn’t an ideal solution, but its the best work around that I can think of @ moment. I’m not at work so I don’t have access to P6. I will look at it some more tommorrow.
Mark
Pacifico Pallasigui
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
A simple work around would be:
On your group & sort menu, make the font colur the same as the grouping band colour...
Mark

the problem with this mark if you apply same color the summarized activity at that level will also disappear....
Mark Porter
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Frank,

A simple work around would be:
On your group & sort menu, make the font colur the same as the grouping band colour...
Mark
Frank Tian
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,Mark

I tried out, it failed to get what you want. You can’t choose none. It can’t Hide "No" titles.
Mark M
User offline. Last seen 13 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Frank

In the Group & Sort window, down the bottom are a serious of tick boxes, un-tick the ones you want to remove. ie, Title, Name / Description etc.

If grouping by more than 1 item you will need to select each one individually & remove the tick.

Regards
Mark