Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Workflow (Any good?)

3 replies [Last post]
Douglas Byles
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
First up, let me just say, I think we should now have a seperate Forum for Primavera P6.

Having said that, What I would like to know, is if any of you are using the Workflow Process for Approval/Authorisation of projects in P6, and if so is it successful.

We are trying to work out if P6 can replace a tired bit of custom software we use at the minute for Project Initiation and Approval through the different stages.

Cheers
Doug

Replies

Douglas Byles
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you for the info,

I am looking forward to seeing it, (if our IT dept can ever work out how to put the CD in the drive).

Regards Doug.
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Doug,
I agree with Alex, especially if you know the limitations of the workflow, it is quite nice tool, especially for project initiation. I expect much better of workflow implementation soon in next version(s).

Ahmet Cetin

Primavera Users Forum

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Doug

We implemented P6 with the workflow 12 months ago and it works very well. However, we are a group of project manager use to technology and also non of them have use Primavera b4 but they love the how idea and accepted very quickly

Alex