Has your question already been answered?

Get a quicker response; before you post, why not search to see if it has already been answered

Install P5 without data base

4 replies [Last post]
Enrique Rodriguez
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is possible to install P5 without DB? I would like to know if I can to install the software and use it in local using individual .xer archives.
Regards.

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
If you want to open and work with XER files without creating a database you may buy Asta Powerproject which is substantially cheaper, a far better package for building and construction people in my opinion, and it will open work with and save to and XER file. There is an article on my web site about this.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 54 min ago. Offline
No you need the database.
That said, you can easily upgrade an existing database from P5 to P6, then transfer the projects using XER export/imports.
Enrique Rodriguez
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Oliver, you have reason, but I have yet a P6 data base intalled and working, and I would like to install the P5 version to work with .xer archives without conection. Can anybody tell me anything about this posibility?
P5 DB make conflit with P6.
Thanks all.
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
P5 can be installed as a standalone application.

It will still use an SQL database but doesn’t have to be on a network.

If you have more than 1 desktops with P5 on then you can transfer the plans between each computer using the import/export function (XER).