Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

yes, ANOTHER, S-Curve question...

3 replies [Last post]
S Harding
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Greetings All,

I have read many posts already about S-Curves using the Late and Early dates. I can do this in P3 fairly easy, but for some reason I am having quite the trouble getting the desired results from P6. I have exhausted all the resources I know to do this and can not get the reults I want.. which is the early and late dates, in a weekly format, to get the traditional ’banana’ curve that a lot of you are accustomed to.

Thanks in advance...

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 29 min ago. Offline
There are two ways to get Remaining Early and Remaining Late units from P6 into Excel.

The "supported" way is to use the report wizard - all reports created this way can be "saved" as .csv files which will be opened automatically by Excel.

The "unsupported" way is to use the "Resource Asignments" view. With a bit of care the aggregations produced here can be copy/pasted into Excel. This shouldn’t work. There is no "data source" for windows to copy - but it does.....
S Harding
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
That would be great. One more thing to clarify however; I am wanting to get the Early and Late dates for a curve in Excel. You can send me a PM if you like, or post here.

THANK YOU!
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 29 min ago. Offline
Hmmm,

I think its easy...... Maybe I could email you a "print screen" and see if its what you want?