Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

p5 to p3 conversion date problem

2 replies [Last post]
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a project which was created in p5 but when i convert it to p3 the dates are 1 day ahead compared to p5 .what seems to be the problem?

Our client is using p3 but our company now is using p5

regards,
kier

Replies

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

P5 is using the HOUR as basis of calculation, when P3 is using the DAY !
AS Benjamin said there is not a solution for that. Primavera promized to solve the issue later on as an enhansment request to P6 from the Construction industry !!!
We are still waiting..
Regards
Benjamin Mora
User offline. Last seen 10 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
After a lot of discussion with the vendor, the conversion is not always going to be perfect. Allegedly, there things that you can do to the P5 schedule to make the backward conversion better, but I have never seen it done. I think your calendar(s) is this issue.