Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date format when exporting from P5 to Excel

3 replies [Last post]
Mervyn Ferguson
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I export data from P5 to Excel I’m getting a tick in front of the date like so - ’2008/12/22 08:00:00
Can any one explain to me why this happens & how can I remove it without editing a thousand entries !!

Replies

K D
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi.
If you intend to update in excel and import back to PM, you should not convert to other format.
Regards
Praveen Muniandy
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Try to convert using the formula in excel

=text(cell ref no,"dd-mmm-yy")

This should help you.

Cheers
Benjamin Mora
User offline. Last seen 6 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Try this Example:
__________A___________|__B________________________
1|’2008/12/22 08:00:00| =A1[Enter Cell Coordinate]
--------------------------------------------------
[Right Click] B1 [Select] "Paste Special", [Select] "Values" and Finally [Left Click] "OK"

If that did not work, try this should:

[Copy] or "Ctrl" & "C", at the same tiem, this symbol "’", [Select] the whole column that has the date and time data, [Press] "Ctrl" & "F" at the same time. A dialogue box should appear. [Left Click] the tab that says "Replace", place your "Cursor" in the "Find What" text box and [Press] "Ctrl" & "V", at the same time" or [Paste]. Finally, [Select] "Replace All". That should remove the "’" symbol.

Be careful not to get these symbols confused (I did): `, ~, ’, or ’. It is better to [Copy and Paste] the character as it appears in the Excel Data sheet. That way there is no mix up of the symbols.