Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remove actuals in P6 (HELP)

6 replies [Last post]
ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
i need to change the status of an activity from started to not started, but everytime i try to remove the checkmark i get an error ’Cannot set status to Not Started if activity has actuals.’ i need to remove the actuals but don’t know how, someone pls help, i have to turn my schedule out b/4 weeksend.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

How to de-status a schedule

1. Choose Enterprise, Projects and select the Calculations tab. Choose to "Link Budget and At Completion for not started activities" and "Reset Remaining Duration and Units toOriginal

2. Choose View, Columns and add the columns for Actual Labor Units, Actual NonlaborUnits.

3. Choose Tools, Schedule and set the data date equal to the Project Start Date and schedule.To find the Project Start date, choose Enterprise, Projects. Click on the Dates tab and note the Planned Start date.

4. For the first activity in the list, set the Actual Labor Units to 0. Highlight the activities inthis column and choose Edit, Fill Down.

5. For the first activity in the list, set the Actual Nonlabor Units to 0. Highlight the activitiesin this column and choose Edit, Fill Down.

6. Choose Tools, Global Change and run the 1st Global Change. This will set the Actual Material Units to zero.

7. Run the 2nd global change which sets the activity status to Not Started. 1st Global Change:

Subject Area:  Activity Resource Assignments If: Where Resource Type equals Material

Then:  Actual Material Units  = 0 

2nd Global change

Subject Area: Activities If: Where Activity Status  is not equal to  Not Started

Then:  Activity Status  Equals  Not Started

Mohammed Azharuddin
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Quick and easy way to remove actuals using only 1 Global Change.

Check out my articel here

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/quick-way-remove-actuals-from-p6-schedule...

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I write an article regarding How to remove actual / progress from Primavera P6 schedule.

If you're interested, kindly read it here https://doduykhuong.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/how-to-remove-actual-progress-from-primavera-p6-schedule/

Cheer

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

here is a link to the detailed instructions on how to do this 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3064/

ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Scott, yeah it worked.PP rocks!
Scott Hastie
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
highlight the activity you want to change, go to the status tab, uncheck the finish date, change the physical % complete back to zero, reset the actual & remaining labor units (budgeted quantity)in the labour units box, then you should be able to uncheck the start date, it will ask you Are you sure that you want to change the activity to be Not Started? Jusk click yes and it should work

Hope this helps,

Scott