Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Weightage Incorporation & Generation of S Curve

4 replies [Last post]
sunil kumar
User offline. Last seen 14 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone please help me how to go about weightage incorporation & generation of S curve in P6, since i had never done S curve in primavera & my client is asking for it

cheers
Sunil

Replies

sunil kumar
hi dieter

Suppose i have 10 activities & i have got weightages (which is derived from cost ) which add up t0 100 & i have to assign that weightage to the activities in P6 from that i need to get a S Curve.

cheers
sunil
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sunil
What has to be the basis of your s-curve?
If you check this forum by "search" and then s-curve, you’ll find many aspects how to create it. Or under:
http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=1&Cat=5&Top=35629.
First you need a concept: %-complete, weight of the phases, what is the main issue of the s-curve (in general: money). Then you’ll get much advice.
Sorry, but without more information any advice will not be serious.
Regards
Dieter

sunil kumar
hi dieter

can u please explain in detail as the schedule what i did is freezed as baseline & still i am not updating it before that i need to put weightages for all activities & produce a S curve ....

sunil
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sunil
There are different ways, so I’ll just describe how we do it.
Since in most projects there are individual agreements with the customer and the way to measure %-complete is different, we measure it in P5/P6 by phase, transfer to EXCEL by a report, and there we do the overall calculations and create the s-curve.
Regards
Dieter