Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hotkeys/Tips/Tricks in Primavera

6 replies [Last post]
Valentin Sendula
User offline. Last seen 9 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Maybe anyone who knows tips and tricks to easier input loads of info could post their tricks/tips/hotkeys in this thread.
As a new user I am still discovering new ways of making working in Primavera easier.
I was wondering if anyone knows any hotkeys in Primavera, like you have in MS Office. For instance Ctrl+C = copy, Ctrl+v = paste, Ctrl+X = cut.
Also the other day I discovered that in Assignments you can do a fill down on the Budgeted units. This is easier, cause otherwise you have to change them one by one in resources tab, cause adjusting them in the column BL Project Labor Units is not possible, while under assignments you can change it in the column.

So whatever you experienced guys know and think this might be useful to a newbie, please post it here.
I myself hate the lack of the possibility of hotkeys and macro’s in P3E.

Thanks.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

what you mentioned are standard windows operating based short cut and will work in any windows based program and is not just MS Office based

F9= schedule project

F5= Refresh screen

F1=Help

F2=edit

F3=Find Next 

F7 = Spell Check

F10=Save schedule or comit changes

Shift +F2 = Reorganize now

Shift + F9 = Level Resources

Ctrl-N = New project 

Ctrl-O = Open Project

Ctrl-W = Close all projects

Ctrl-P = Print

Ctrl-X = cut

Ctrl-C= Copy 

Ctrl-P = Paste

Ctrl-A = Select All

Ctrl-E = Fill down

Ctrl-F = Find

Ctrl-R = Replace

Ctrl-Num + = Expand all

Ctrl-Num - = Collapse all

Rommel Jay Galvez
User offline. Last seen 4 years 35 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you for this.

Samir Gharib
User offline. Last seen 11 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
good approach Alex.

regards
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

A quick way of building a project plan from a list is using import and export function

Normally I copy the list of WBS from the orignal specification, BOQ, Deliverable list, milestone list ...
Fill that in a excel spreadsheet with preliminary dates and resource budget hrs Q $, then import it into my P3e schedule. Once its in then I start to detail each WBS and link them together to create a CPM.

HTH

Alex
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Other than what is listed on Primavera help I have found only 2 other shortcuts/tips.

1. When you have selected a bar that has a + or - symbol, pressing CTRL + TAB will expand or collapse that line. This works on Resources, codes, activity summary lines and other hierarchical structures.

2. While in the Activities screen use CTRL + Roll Mousewheel to scroll one screen at a time.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
In P3 help, check the shortcut keys.

You will find a load of shortcut keys