Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

updating the baseline??need help

2 replies [Last post]
amit parmar
User offline. Last seen 16 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey,
I have a live project in which some activities have been added and resources assignments have been updated.but the project start and end dates are not matching and the budgeted cost has also changed.i need to get the baseline the same budgeted cost as the live project.

Initially i removed the actuals from the live project and tried to get the start and end dates to match.but i have not met with much success.

Any kind of help would be appreciated!!!!

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi amit,

If you dont have baseline program saved, then copy the updated project and then do the following

Go to Global Change and put

If AS Is Greater Than "Baseline date"
Then
AS = " "
AF = " "
PCT = = o

This will definitely help you

Somebody has given this post before, please check the previous links. You may get some good stuff.

Cheers,

Raviraj
Ashraf Jahangeer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Amit,

I want to understand, dont you have a baseline schedule in place? Which is usually the case, we have a baseline and we have the live updated schedule.

If the answer is no then you can copy the live project and make a baseline (target). It will be bit of manual work to modify the updated project rsources and dates etc. Let us know the specific places where you face problem modifying the baeline manually.

Regards,

Ashraf