Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

7.5hr working day?

4 replies [Last post]
beck lee
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I have a feeling that the answer to this question will be no (as everything I have read so far points to this), but I am hoping otherwise..

Can I set a default of 7.5hrs for a work day?.. or does Primavera only schedule in full hours?.. Since my company works on a 7.5hr/day, 37.5hr/wk calendar it would be oh so lovely to use Primavera 5 in the same fashion!..

Thanks!

Beck

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Beck,

Deb is correct. I forgot to mention that you need to set the decimal on duration format. Edit-> Users Preferences... under your project menu.
Select Time Unit Tab and change the duration format to 1 or 2 decimal. If this is not set the calculation still based on 7.5 hours but shown as 8hrs round off. You will notice only on the total durations.

Regards,
Rodel
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
u have to change in project over view to 2 decimal places , i hope this will solve the rounding problem
regards
deb
beck lee
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for your reply Rodel..

I had already done that, but I suppose my question is more because when I assign a resource to a 1 day activity, it assigns that resource with 8hrs of work and budget - even though the calendar for that resource is also set as default 7.5hr/day.. I can override this and type in 7.5 in the units column, which gives the right budget, but it still displays 8 (because of rounding?) in the units column.. Is there a way to correct this and show the decimal place in the units field?..

Thanks again!

Beck

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Hi Beck,

Yes you can set the calendar for 7.5hrs default for a work day.

First Create a global calendar with 7.5 hrs working day. Then click this calendar or set as default.

Regards,
Rodel