Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost Loading in P5?

5 replies [Last post]
Richard Asiimwe
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a contractor’s schedule that is supposed to be cost loaded? The contractor did not create cost accounts? In the total budget column there are some costs? Is there a way of cost loading a schedule in P5 without creating cost accounts? When I run the cost loading reports they are blank? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard

Replies

V Kutty
User offline. Last seen 4 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am also trying to cost load. Would I be able to cost load a level of effort with resources? We tried it but weirdly it distributes the whole cost in the first month instead of the whole year the LOE is running for? I used a non labour resource.

Please let me know.

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Brad but I wanted to see if I could have actual v budget for CAs like you can do for WBS.
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
If you are simply trying to do cashflow assign a resource of £ and enter as a budgeted cost on whichever activities, If the programme is setup using a WBS you can assign a new task and with the WBS and change the activity type to WBS summary this is a quick way of doing hammocks on P5

regards

brad
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
I was looking to add a cost account budget at cost account (CA)level but I guess this is not possible?
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 34 min ago. Offline
Hi Richard,

There are 3 ways of entering the budget in P5. One is WBS level and the other two are in activity level. In activity level you can enter budget cost directly to budget field by selecting Labor Cost, Non-Labor Cost and Material Cost under status tab and budget expenses under expenses tab. The best way of entering budget cost is using resources level under resources tab. On resource level you can assign cost account. If resource level is used, it overrides the budget entered into status tab. You can assign resources cost as defined under resources setup (Enterprise-> Resources) wether Labor, Non Labor and Material. Expenses are only entered on expenses tab and will not show on resource module. The Total Budget column is the sum of Budget Labor Cost, Budget Non Labor Cost, Budget Material Cost and Expenses per activity. The WBS level budget have separate budget field and not added to total budget column. You can enter cost without assigning to cost account. Cost account is another grouping module in P5 which is just an option to use. You can produce your cost report using WBS level, Activity Code Level, Resource Group level and Cost Account level. Any of these breakdown structure are very useful if setup properly to have a meaningful report. It’s up to the user which levels or grouping to use when producing a report.

Hope these make sense and answer your query.

Regards,
Rodel