Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Calendar

2 replies [Last post]
Matthew Lovkis
User offline. Last seen 16 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there, I am having trouble getting P3e to recognise an activity and a resource as using a particular calendar. I have created the calendar "On Site 6 Day 64 Hr" and as the name suggests it specifies work to take place over 6 days and 64hrs per week. About 10.6 hours a day. I have applied the calendar to both the activity and the resource BUT P3e still calculates the man hours so that ’units per time’ equals 100% for an 8 HOUR DAY. Why is this? And how can I change it? I am going crazy. I want ’units per time’ to equal 100% for the ~10 HOUR DAY. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks tonnes, Matthew Lovkis

Replies

Matthew Lovkis
User offline. Last seen 16 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks a lot Alex, I’ll give it a go.

Cheers,

Matthew Lovkis
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Matthew

Is your activity type is Fix Unit/Time, if that is the case then you cannot change the Unit/time for the activity.

What I suggest is to change you activity type to fix duration (Be careful to check with your acitivity duration) change the resource UPT, change back the activity type to fix UPT.

This should do the job

HTH

Alex