Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Enterprise Training

10 replies [Last post]
Iftikhar Awan P.Eng.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 hours ago. Offline
Hi.

I am thinking of getting a 2 or 3-day basic training course on Primavera Enterprise. Can anyone critically comment on its usefulness i.e. should one expect to get a good benefit out of it?

I am comfortable with P3 now after a long period of self-learning. But for Primavera Enterprise, I have learned that self-learning would not be so beneficial. Right?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

take course P6 102 very usefull

sharon Maxwell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

I have the best option for the Oracle Training which is the name of the CETPA Infotech. Get more info you can visit the center at any time. 

All the best :)

Iftikhar Awan P.Eng.
Ok.. I would get back on this after I have taken the training course (I plan to do it on my own). Thanks for the feed back Thanat.
Thanat Patta
User offline. Last seen 17 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Well...it is subjective to say if it’s easy or difficult but here’s my tip.

The major change from p3 to p3e is the EPS. If you understand this concept, everything will be easier.

I previously got stuck with the EPS then believed they were totally different system at the first time. Actually, EPS is nothing but a higer level of project for company wise management. In addition in p3e, all coding stuff such as activity codes, resource codes, WBS, OBS and cost account are shared among all projects in the EPS.

I suggest you try to open an individual project, go over all the functions you’d learned from P3 (i.e., organize, filter, global change, layout). There are all the same.

I did attend the basic courses of p3 and p3e. They used almost the same training contents but replaced the old p3 screen with the new enterprise version. In the other words, they teach you how to do the same thing by hitting different icons in p3e. My bottom line is that the training’s good as long as your company pays for it.

Feel free to share with me your experience with the p3 to p3e imgration. I am also working on this stuff. (I found some wierd things when importing p3 file to p3e.)

Iftikhar Awan P.Eng.
I would agree with Ronald. After talking to a friend yesterday who had been using P5 for six months now, I was advised to learn P5 as a different software. According to him, although basic concept is the same, moving from P3 to P5 is not easy unless P5 is treated as a completely new software. Thanks for all the input friends.

I would be going for the basic training course in P5 to learn about navigation first, then if time permits, I would go for the advanced course.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
I disagree with your statement. I found a solid knowledge of P3’s functioning a real hindrance in trying to learn P5. Nothing is the same (including how you open a schedule all the way down to defining the types of activity and duration.) It was not until I stopped trying to compare the two and just learn P5 as if it were a new piece of software that I was able to make real headway in understanding P5.
Thanat Patta
User offline. Last seen 17 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
That’s not difficult if you’re proficient with P3. P3e has very similar functions and commands yet considerable improvement :)
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Leong Hong Phua,

Where did u did your curse??

Where can i find a P3 to P5 conversion course??

Thanks.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Iftikhar Awan,

I’m agree.

If u have good experience with P3 ... it is not going to be difficult for u to go direct into an advanced curse of P5.

Regards.
Leong Hong Phua
User offline. Last seen 6 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
I have just had a 2 days P3e Version 5 Basic Course (P102). I reckon if you are comfortable with using P3e/c Version 4.0 or 4.1, there isn’t really much new things to learn from the basic course. Suggest people with P3 or P3e/c experience to go straight to the Advance course or maybe the P3 to P3e Version 5 conversion course.