Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help.External early start data

4 replies [Last post]
Shengyun He
User offline. Last seen 18 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
i found that i can not fill the external early start and finish data in Primavera5.0.and i dont know in which case i should use it...why~who can tell me the reason?

Thx & Best Regards

Sandwind He

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Jash

There is no need to reply to a thread that is more than 5 years old.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Jash Sales
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Shengyun,

External dates exists only when your activity is link to another activity in different project; therefore, it cannot be filled directly in the column of your current programme. These dates indicates only when your activity is link externally to other project. 

Regards,

jacob

Shengyun He
User offline. Last seen 18 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
what i trying to say is i can not fill the column of external early start data also the external early finish data. i double kick the blank of this column, it will display a dialog box of calendar,u can choose any day there,but after that,it’s still blank there.it’s seams we can not fill this column by manual work.
Q1,in which case this column will have a value?(whatever by manual work or by calculated.
Q2,in which case i have to use this external early star data?
Q3,how to use it?

Thx~
Best Regard~

Sandwind He
Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

What do you mean by external early start and finish.

Regards

Dinesh