Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No Baseline for Level of Effort Tasks

7 replies [Last post]
Robert Adams
User offline. Last seen 19 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
I have established a baseline summary schedule that uses level of effort activities to monitor progress.
But, when I make a copy of the baseline, and start entering progress on the copy, the progress copy will not show the bars for the baseline activities.
I’ve already checked my bar settings, and the ’primary baseline’ one is turned on.
Any suggestions?

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Try Reading below and follow the suggestions, it was solved.

Sunshine Khesti
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, did anyone find the solution to the baseline Level Of Effort not showing bars. Kindly assist

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
No problem.
Robert Adams
Yes, that does it - thanks very much!
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Try including LOE type activities in the bar filter.

HTH
Robert Adams
The bars are ’turned on’ , as you suggested, the issue seems to be that if you change an activity from a ’task’ to a ’level of effort’ activity, the baseline bar disappears.
Try it out - it’s very frustrating!
Trevor Wilson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 days ago. Offline
This sounds too easy , but have you checked the position of the bar and that the row height is sufficient.