Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Elapsed time/Run time

2 replies [Last post]
Gema Arenas
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I was mentioned that I could do elapsed time in Primavera, but I cannot find anything in relation to how to do it.

I have a project which is 95 working days long. I have created another schedule with a different start date and now some acitivites are spread out, but the schedule shows 98 working days. I want to know where the difference is.

I compare with a baseline, because the dates are completely different. But I was told there is a way to compare run time/elapsed time.

Does anyone have more information about this? or can lead me to a link that explains it?

Thank you very much.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 2 hours ago. Offline

Suggest trying UDF [User Defined Fields] along with formulas [or Global Change if P6].

In the following example Phase 1 and Phase 2 represent same logic but shifted by start date.  As you will notice Calendar Exception on Activity 3 Phase 2 prolongs elapsed time from 6.33 days to 23.33 days for Activity 3.  Note the impact this will have on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Durations.

photo ElapsedTime01_zpsowv0dbus.jpg

If using Spider Project formulas:

photo ElapsedTime03_zpsigkwra1n.jpg

Calendar exception applied to Calendar B.

photo ElapsedTime02_zpsetbh6mpw.jpg

Fild comparison between different schedule versions shall be able to disclose the values for Elapsed Time.

Good Luck.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

no such thing as run time or elapsed time.

you have this post under p3  not p6 in either case to find the differences this is what I would do

1. expand you duration decimals to 2 places and compare durations

2. make sure that each of these projects is using the same calendar.

3. make sure that the activities are assigned to same calendar in each project

4. make sure that the calendar in each of the projects has the same holidays or non-working days.

6. If it is P6 make sure that the TIMES are correct also check the data date TIME it should be the earliest starting hour in your calendar.

7. in p3 set a TARGET (baseline) and add a variance early start column

in p6 set a baseline and add a variance early start column

look at the differences