Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import

2 replies [Last post]
Patrick Osakwe
User offline. Last seen 8 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I have just imported a programme into P6 but the Budget total Cost is different from the one that i imported it from. I have just checked it on the P6 of the chap that sent it to me and the figure is higher than what i have in my p6.

Can any help please? I suspect its a settinng issue.

Regards,

Patosaks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

sometimes when converting p3 to p6 the budget units will be multiplied by a factor of 8

run a global change 

where budget units is greater than 8 

then budget units equals budget units / 8

sumita roychaudhury
User offline. Last seen 7 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

I have to insert one field(user defined-text) which is present in the Activity layout .The same filed needs to be updated in the Resource assignment Layout, considering that Activity ID is the common filed.

Now, whenever I am trying to import excel file after i have updated user_text field with new set of data by using vlookup formula in the user text field & then pasting the value in user_text field to my resource assignment layout I get this error :

"Your system is out of memory. Please close other running applications and try this operation again."

Please help to to sort out this error. I export the template using Activity & Resource assignment & the same template is being imported after updating the resource assignment sheet(TASKRSRC) from activity sheet(TASK).

Regards

rcs