Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P330XER Converter Tool

3 replies [Last post]
R Wells
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Hello,

I am having an issue converting P3 to Xer. The conversion tool provided "P330XERConverter" when ran has the "P3" option greyed out. THe only thing left to choose is SDEF. Any reason this would be happening? The file is located on the same machine as P3.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

here is what you need to do 

Instructions to import P3 files  Option #1 Import P3 into P6 without the converter program  1. make these foldersc:\P3WINC:\P3WIN\P3OUTc:\p3win\P3PROGSC:\P3WIN\P3WORKC:\P3WIN\PROJECTS 2. go to the folder labeled as \p3files 3 needed 3. unzip these files into a temp folder 4. copy the 3 files (W32MKDE.EXE, W32MKRC.DLL & WBTRV32.DLL) into the C:\windows\system32 folder and the c:\P3WIN folder 5. copy 3 additional files (W32MKSET.DLL, W32MKSET.EXE & W32MKSET.HLP) into the C:\windows\system32 folder 6. copy the file named USERFIL.p3 to the C:\P3Win\P3WORK folder 7. copy the file named p3.ini to the C:\windows folder reboot your computer now you should be able to bring in p3 files to p6 8. if you get a backed-up p3 file with a file name such as XXXX.prx extension simply change the file name to xxxx.exe then click on the xxxx.exe file and expand it to a folder that you can locate druing the P6 import. OPTION #2 Import P3 into P6 via the Converter Program make a new folder named C:\P3WIN\PROJECTS 1. FROM THE FILE Unzip the P3Converter.zip to C:\P3WIN\PROJECTS  2. Open windows explorer and Browse to the folder labeled as C:\P3Converter\Ra folder. 3. find the file named registerRa32.bat. select it then right click and select open    here is the link to where the necessary files are I use powerzip to zip and unzip it http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3146/
R Wells
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

No I never did resolve it. I think my problem was working on it through a server. When the same task was performed on a computer with P6 on the local drive it worked without any issues. If you are working through a server that might be the problem.

Alan Whaley
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem.