Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Showing Critical path in P3

3 replies [Last post]
Nissar T.P
User offline. Last seen 10 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi GuyCan any of you help me out? I am new to Primavera. When i submitted one of my project program to the Consultant, he asked me to show the critical path in the same programme. How can i show the critical path? Thanks

Replies

Nissar T.P

Hi Gary,

Thanks. I have done all the above instructions and still the critical path is not shown as red. Total float for critical activities are "0". So now what i have done is  - In the critical activities dialogue box, i put a value of 1 for " Total float less than" option. Now the critical path is shown in red. Not sure if its the right way. Please do reply.

Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply to my first post :)

Nissar T.P

Hi Gary,

Thanks. I have done all the above instructions and still the critical path is not shown as red. Total float for critical activities are "0". So now what i have done is  - In the critical activities dialogue box, i put a value of 1 for " Total float less than" option. Now the critical path is shown in red. Not sure if its the right way. Please do reply.

Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply to my first post :)

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Right-click on the gant-chart section, and go to "Bars"

For any bars that are checked as "visible" (typically your Early Bar), make sure the "critical" option is also checked

In the botom-right of the bars window, make sure both options are checked for "show critical colours on"

In the same area, make sure the colour is red (this is the standard colour used to show critical tasks)

Cheers,

G