Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Cost & Qty r showing Zero,,,pls. help to resolve

12 replies [Last post]

Dear All,

Hi,

I have prepared a plan in primavera 3.1, but facing a problem that Budgeted Cost and Qty are showing zero :(( , i have enter the units & prices in the resource directory, Units & Price Tape. Then assign that resources to the activities, but no use, i have no idea how to fix :((
please help to resolve this problem,,,,
Best regards,

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi

1. Have quick check at the resource selection option, that whether you are selecting the right one (For resource histogram under graphical reports )
  2. Another option is you can get resource histogram from the print view option and uncheck all the option except the resource histogram /table ( To get that first select resource/cost profile in the activity column window and then go to print view, uncheck the activity column option, bar and choose the option related to resource)

Cheers

Shahul

Hi,

Once again thanks alot for your help,,,,

First Report

I have check the date tab and assign the start and finish date as per project dates, but the generated report is again blank :((

My procedure to get the manpower histogram is

Tools ---> Graphic Reports ---> Resource & Cost ---> Summarized Resources

Second Report

For the Budgeted Cost, i got it as per your procedure, thanks alot

Best Regards,

Nasir

Shah. HB

First Report

Check the date tab under the graphical report ---> Resource & Cost and assign your project start and finish date

Second Report

To my understanding, to get Budgeted Costyou need to have Budgeted Quantity & Price/unit, other way is to create a resource named cost and assign that resource to all the activities ( fill budgeted quantity value as same as Cost workout you did separately ) and make price per unit as 1 to get budgeted cost

Hi,

Once again thanks alot,,,,

First Report (Manpower Histogram)

Yes i have created resources in the resource dictionary and assignd price per unit in the same dialog box and assigned the different resources to different concernd activities, for generating the resource histogram i m using graphical resource / table and choosing the assigned resource name, but graphs and tables are empty, showing nothing except resource name, please help me to get the resource histogram or total required manpower,,,,,

Second Report (Budgedted Cost)

Its mean to get the budgeted cost i have to have quantity and i have to fill quantity to each and every concerned activities. is there any short way to get the budgeted cost, please let me know ???

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nasir

Shah. HB

Hi

I am not sure about your procedure. Give a try by following the steps shown below

1. Create a resource in the resource dictionary and assign price per unit in the same dialog box

2. Choose the activity which requires cost to be loaded and fill in budgeted quantity

3. Budgeted cost will be automatically generated for the budgeted quantity assigned activities using the formula Budgeted Quantity * Price/unit = Budgeted Cost

Cheers

Shahul

Hi,

I have not loaded any cost to any activity, i have just assigned the different resources to concernd activities and fix the different unit prices of resources for each.

I just want to get two reports only, one is manpower histogram and another one is budgeted cost or quantity.

Thanks for your quick responses,,,,

Best Regards,

Nasir

Shah. HB

Hi

Would you please explain  the procedure you used to load cost in to the activities because it matters most

Cheers

Shahul

Hi,

i already have assigned all resources,,,but the problem is same here also ZERO value is coming,,,but all concerned activities having the resources,,,why its happening i don't know,,,please help in this regard

budgeted cost is also showing ZERO values

Thanks in advance,,,

Shah. HB

Hi

1. You can use insert resource assignment to assign one resource for many activities

2.For generation of resource histogram use graphical resource and choose the assigned resource name

Cheers

Shahul

Shah. HB

Hi

1. You can use insert resource assignment to assign one resource for many activities

2.For generation of resource histogram use graphical resource and choose the assigned resource name

Cheers

Shahul

Dear Shahul,

Hi,

first of all thanks alot for your quick respons,,,

please let me know some other method as i have more than 1000 activities which having more than 3 assigned resources each and if i'll start filling manually it'll take alot time :((

and secondly pls. help me to get the resource histogram or total manpower as i have already assignd resources to concernd activities.

best regards,

Nasir

Shah. HB

Hi

You need to assign resources to the concerned activities (First Step) and then fill in budgeted cost and quantity to those activities (Second Step)

Cheers

Shahul