Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing from P3E; printer default issues

3 replies [Last post]
Ed Hirst
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

We use a centrally managed printing solution on our site. The default print is A4, Mono, Duplex, as per company 'eco' policy.

Previously, the print queues defaulted to colour, but have since been changed to that Mono default.

Since then, users of P3E have been unable to print in colour.

Following some testing on my machine, I've found that Primavera seems to accept any changes (i.e. changing from A4 to A3, Duplex to Simplex), but not colour. It's almost as if colour HAS to be the print default for it to print in colour.

Is this a known issue in P3E, has it been resolved with a later patch / version, or are we stuck with this?

Many thanks.

Replies

Ed Hirst

Using a PDF printer, I can change the options from default (Colour) to Gray-scale, and the output follows my settings.

I've tried another standalone device that uses the HP Universal Print Driver (version 5.2) which is set to default to Colour.

I changed the options to Gray-scale, clicked Print, and the output came out in Colour.

It looks like it is not accepting colour changes from any device with the Universal Print Driver, which is what we are using (the only driver we can use).

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 58 min ago. Offline
Try installing Free Primo PDF, set it as default printer. When printing use print setup to temporary change printer, try with several options, perhaps grey-scale. Let us know.
Ed Hirst

This is Release 5.0 SP2 by the way.