Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Weighting Factor for computing % complete

2 replies [Last post]
Lalith Rathnayake
User offline. Last seen 14 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Planners,

I am using P3 (ver.3.1)

- My program is resource loaded for Labor, Material and equipments with Cost Category values L, M, & E respectively.

- I want to use Manhours ( i.e. only labor resources) as weighting factor when computing % complete.

- When I select resource units as weighting factor (Tools --Option -- summerization -- resource units) P3 uses all resources regardless of the unit.

- How can I use only Labor resources as weighting factor for computing % complete

- Is it not advisable to load all resource categories to the schedule in this case ?

Please advice. Thank you in advance

Lalith

Replies

Lalith Rathnayake
User offline. Last seen 14 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Thabeer,

Can you explain further ?

As I undrstood, even if you apply a filter P3 still sum up all resources (regardless of their unit) to compute budgeted quantity.

What I need is to get only the sum of manhours in the Budgeted quantity field.

Do i need to remove the other resource assignments (i.e. Material and Equipments) to achieve this ?

Please advice.

Lalith
TABEEB UR RAHMAN
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
define a filter, cnditional to manpower