Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Simple question

No replies
Blake Waller
User offline. Last seen 15 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am brand new to scheduling and P3 (what a combination!)

We have a small schedule in P3 that I am trying to add some accountability based on man hours.

Right now we update the schedule typically by changing the remaining days duration and indicating actual start and finish dates when they occur. We would like to start plugging in actual man hours to compare with budgeted and show a variance. We are also discussing using actual man hours to update the schedule finish date versus simply changing remaining days.

1st question - Which would be the better method to maintain the schedule of these 2 methods?
2nd question - How do we set up the program to do this?

Your help would be appreciated. Also, any advice on a scheduling 101 book that could help me out?

Thanks,

Blake