Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

’ S ’ Curve - any easier way ?

3 replies [Last post]
vinod raturi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All ,

For getting ’ S " curve values using %age progress completion,I am using update progress feature for that particular day , scheduling and getting progres %age values followed by plotting it in excel.

The problem is this seems OK for short duration projects , but now for a project duration of 3 years , i have to compute S curve values day wise. Which i feel is quite a tedious job using update progress features and then scheduling and getting %age for that period.

Can anybody suggest me easier and Faster way to do it.

Thanks,

with regards

Replies

exofo Ng
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I think there is one job setting function .. but still you have to update it weekly in P3. More or less , you will get used to this tediuos weekly updates. 2 suggestion , 1st, try to cross link your excel files.. (Linking cell to cell) make your update easier.. . maintain a live copy only with track records.. secondly, don’ t create a monster schedule (more than 3000 activities in the schedule.., for me i can’t tame the monster..
vinod raturi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charleston ,

You were right , it is not daily but weekly figures are required . Still i think the method i am using is a tedious one .

Do you / anybody knows a faster way to estimate ’ S ’ curve values. I am using P3.1.

Thanks,

with regards
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Vinod,

Please check your fundamentals: daily progress update of S-curve for a three year project.

Who will read your daily progress S-curve update????

Check with your boss, if they really need this or if this will really impact on their day to day activities.

Otherswise, I think they, your supervisors, just let you do this because you have nothing important to do.